Planning is underway for Basingstoke Festival 2017 and we want to hear from those who are interested in supporting this year’s events.
The annual summer festival attracts audiences from far and wide, who visit the borough to enjoy the multitude of arts and cultural events.
The festival has grown hugely in popularity and size since it was established in 2012, and this year local groups are being encouraged to host ‘Festival in the community’ events.
These events will support and complement the international acts and artists taking part in the festival and will help to bring arts and performances to underused places around the borough.
The ‘Festival in the community’ events will play a vital role in attracting people to the town and in creating a wonderful sense of community within the festival. They will also provide a great opportunity for those involved in local groups to make new contacts and to spread the word about their organisations to new audiences.
If you have an idea for a ‘Festival in the community’ event or you’d like to find out more, please contact us to discuss your plans by Friday 21 April 2017.
Why organise an event for the festival?The Basingstoke Festival attracts over 160,000 people to events that take place across the borough, meaning that your organisation could be seen by new audiences.
What types of events are we looking for?We're looking for events that will help us fulfil our wish of having something for everyone to enjoy, and something that they might not see every day. Events should be ones that are based around either the arts or local/international culture.
• Art exhibitions
• Professional theatre and music productions
• National and regional bands performing in local venues
• School and college performances and events such as orchestras, choirs, film, dance etc
• Workshops or tasters, these can be craft, dance, theatre, music etc
• Amateur dramatics performances
• Comedy nights
• Exhibitions of local craft whether it be embroidery, live drawing or ceramics
• Dance schools performances
• Local walks that highlight a cultural landmark
• One day arts and cultural events
• Events which, at their heart, bring the community together with the arts, such as parades.
What help will I receive in organising my event?We will be able to help you through our range of promotional activities. You will be able to use the Basingstoke Festival brand and logo to help with your promotion too.
If your event is accepted, we will send you confirmation which includes a helpful checklist of things to consider when organising your event, to make it as easy and stress free as possible. Make sure that you complete a marketing plan for your event so you’re fully prepared.